Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Away Again

It's been a fabulous couple of months here involving a lot or reading, some time volunteering at my grandpa's nursing home, hanging out with my awesome family, signing up for the TC marathon, and watching spring make it's usual jumpy start here in Minnesota.  I can't imagine a time more enjoyably spent.

I leave today for Zurich, where I will spend two months as a visiting scientist in a lab that specializes in leaf litter decomposition in streams. I hope to spend a lot of my free time wandering around the area.  I've already found an Ultimate team I can practice with twice a week.  After my Asian experience, it feels like 2 months with go by in a flash.  And Switzerland should be so much easier to get around than India or even China.  So it really doesn't feel like anything big is happening here, though I know it will be a lot of fun.  I even fit all my stuff into a medium size backpack and a small purse.  

So I should be posting pretty regularly again until mid-July.  In other good news, I have a great-looking apartment in Boulder for the fall and should be registered for classes by the end of this week.  I'm very excited to go back to school.


No comments: