Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Arrival of Winter

Today, winter arrived in Beijing.  After a couple balmy week of over 10 C, we have bust through the freezing point.  It's not really that frigid, but the wind is pretty harsh in this city.  Still, it makes me think of home, and it makes me think of skiing.  Which makes me happy.  So while my European (and Floridian) friends are experiencing the most bitterly cold day of their life, I am happily reminded of home.  I hear there's a lot of snow there, so feel free to send me lovely pictures from out your window.  I'm not sure if it will actually snow here, as it's only precipitated 2 times in the last 2.5 months, but keeping fingers crossed for the white stuff.

This Friday is St. Nikolaus day, and we are doing a secret santa shindig with the upped anty of a required poem.  (Apparently a Ducth thing.  I approve).  Another random note:  I was an episode of "Pushing Daisies," a TV show about a pie-maker (who does a lot of other stuff too).  I'm going to be a pie-maker someday. . . sigh.

And:  I'm starting to actually put words down for this MFC paper I'm supposed to help write.  yay

No comments: